Do you want to learn how to add beads to your knotless braids? Whether you just want to give your hair a little extra pizzazz, or you’re looking for a way to secure your ends and prevent breakage, adding beads is an easy and stylish way to upgrade any hairstyle. In this guide, we’ll take you step-by-step through the process of using beads with knotless braids so that you can create a stunning look. Read on for everything you need to know about adding beads to knotless braids!
Table of Contents
What Supplies Do I Need to Add Beads to Knotless Braids?
To begin, you’ll need to gather the supplies:
- Beads: Choose the beads that match your style and go with the overall look you’re trying to achieve.
- Pliers: You’ll need a pair of pliers or a hair tool to secure the beads onto the braids. If you don’t have either of these, try using a bobby pin instead.
- Wig cap or stocking cap: To protect your scalp from any irritation caused by the beads or tools.
- Hair extensions: Choose hair extensions that match your natural color or preferred style for knotless braiding.
How Do I Prepare My Hair and Scalp Before Adding Beads?
Before you begin adding the beads, it’s important to make sure that your scalp and hair are in good condition. Here’s what you need to do:
- Step 1: Cleanse Your Scalp. Use a clarifying shampoo or co-wash to remove any buildup from your hair and scalp.
- Step 2: Section Off Your Hair. Separate the areas of your scalp where you plan to add the beads. This will make it easier for you to work with each section.
- Step 3: Put On A Wig Cap Or Stocking Cap To Protect The Scalp From Irritation Caused By The Beads And Tools You’ll Be Using.
What is the Best Technique for Threading the Hair Extensions Through the Loop at the End of the Braid?
Once you have the wig cap or stocking cap on and have sectioned off your hair where you plan to put the beads, it’s time to start threading the hair extensions through the loop at the end of each braid. Here’s how:
- Step 1: Pull out a small section of hair from one side of the braid. Be aware that hair extensions should be slightly longer than your natural hair.
- Step 2: Thread the end of the hair extension through the loop at the end of the braid. Make sure you pull it tight to secure it in place.
- Step 3: Repeat on the other side of the braid, so that both sides have a loop at the end.
- Step 4: Once you have both sides threaded through, tie off the ends with an elastic band. This will ensure your braids stay in place and won’t come undone.
What Types of Beads Should I Use With Knotless Braids?
When it comes to choosing beads for your knotless braids, there are a variety of options available. You can choose from plastic, wooden, or metal beads in a wide range of colors and sizes, some popular bead styles:
Plastic Beads: Plastic beads are lightweight and come in a variety of colors, making them a great option for adding detail to your hairstyle.
Wooden Beads: Wooden beads provide an earthy aesthetic and also help to secure the ends of the braids while giving off a unique look.
Metal Beads: Metal beads are strong and durable, perfect for creating more intricate designs with knotless braids.
Hexagon Beads: These flat-sided hexagonal beads come in metallic finishes like gold or silver and are great for adding some extra shine and style to your look.
Round Beads: Round beads can be used to add subtle sparkle to your braids without being too flashy. They come in a variety of colors and textures so you can choose the perfect ones for your hairstyle.
Seed Beads: These small, round beads can be used to add a delicate and feminine touch to your hairstyle.
Crystal Beads: Crystal beads are great for creating a more glamorous look. They come in various colors and sizes, so you can find the perfect ones to match your outfit.
Feather Beads: These unique beads have a feather-like shape and can be used to give your knotless braids an interesting, eye-catching look.
Velvet Beads: Velvet beads add a soft, luxurious touch to any hairstyle.
Glass Beads: For a more subtle hint of sparkle, try adding glass beads to your knotless braids.
Pearl Beads: Pearl beads are perfect for giving off a classic yet elegant vibe with their iridescent shine. They’re also great for creating intricate designs.
How Can I Secure My Beads and Prevent Them From Coming Apart?
Once you’ve secured the end of each braid with a loop, it’s time to add your beads. Here are some tips on how to make sure they stay in place and don’t come apart:
- Step 1: Use pliers or tweezers to push the bead up onto the hair extension and secure it in place.
- Step 2: After you’ve added all of your beads, use hot glue to ensure that they won’t move around. Make sure not to get any glue on the scalp or skin.
- Step 3: Use an elastic band or ribbon to tie off the ends of each braid for extra security.
What Are Some Styling Tips For Making The Most of Your Knotless Braids With Beads?
Although knotless braids with beads look great on their own, there are some styling tips you can use to take your hairstyle to the next level. Here are a few ideas:
– Add in colored hair extensions for an extra pop of color. You can do it by braiding them in with the knotless braids or simply by wrapping them around the braid.
– Curl, wave, or crimp the ends of your braids for a more playful look.
– For an extra glamorous touch, try adding some sparkly beads to your hairstyle. This will add another dimension of glamour and sophistication to any outfit.
– Get creative with accessories like charms, feathers, and other fun items that you can attach to your braids for a unique look.
– If you want to keep it simple but still have an eye-catching hairstyle, try using two different colors of beads on each side of the braid. This will give your look an interesting contrast of colors.
– Try using bigger beads for an edgy look. Make sure to use them sparingly so that your hairstyle doesn’t become too heavy.
– For an even more intricate design, try adding several different sizes and colors of beads to one braid. This will create a truly unique look that is sure to make a statement.
– Try adding crystal beads to the ends of your braids for a more dramatic look.
– Experiment with different shapes and sizes of beads, such as ovals or hearts, to create interesting designs.
– Mix and match different types of beads like metal, seed, glass, pearl, and velvet for an eclectic hairstyle.
– Use colored elastic bands or ribbons to tie off the end of your braid for a fun and unique effect.
– Create intricate patterns by using multiple colors of beads in one braid.
– Add colorful charms or feathers to your knotless braids for an extra touch of flair!
Knotless braids with beads are the perfect way to add a touch of femininity and glamour to any hairstyle. With these styling tips, you can get creative and experiment with different types of beads, colors, shapes, sizes, and accessories to make your look truly one-of-a-kind. Whether you’re looking for something subtle or something bolder and more daring, knotless braids with beads are sure to give your look an extra sparkle. So go ahead – let your wildest hair dreams come true!